Slow Cooker Garlic Lime Chicken Thighs — Can be an All ALDI but the Kosher Salt Recipe
Comfort food continues to have its place in summer, but on a hot summer’s day it can be a better idea to let the Crock-Pot do much of the work. Today’s Slow Cooker Garlic Lime Chicken Thighs just need a brief browning under the broiler to get them dinner ready; they’re already cooked through in the slow cooker, and infused with so much garlicky lime flavor.
Pick up everything you need for this easy slow cooker garlic lime chicken thighs recipe (other than the Kosher salt) over at your local ALDI. No Kosher salt? Substitute sea salt in a pinch, but Kosher salt is one of those pantry staples it’s good to stock up on to supplement your ALDI shopping.
It’s Lime Time!
And since ALDI only sells limes in a bag, rather than per each, here are a few more limey recipe ideas to help you use up the rest! How about…
- Citrus-Lime Spring Mix Salad with Chicken — another good option for a hot summer day.
- Easy Pork & Pepper Fajitas — Tasty for Taco Tuesday!
- Easy Spice Rubbed Fish Tacos — If your ideal Taco Tuesday doesn’t include pork.
- Easy Steak Fajitas — Because now we are on a Taco Tuesday roll, right?
- Roasted Chile-Lime Chicken and Potatoes — for a slightly cooler day. Or, any day, because it’s just that good.
- Chipotle Chicken Wraps with Kicked up Avocado Cream — A lighter yet filling option for a warmer night.
Another of my favorite ways to use limes is in almost-guacamole: Just mash avocado with a little lime juice and sea salt to taste, then enjoy with ALDI’s Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips. (Which are, of course, about my favorite tortilla chips, even though their price has steadily been increasing at my store over the past couple of years.)
What’s your own favorite lime-ish recipe?