May 2020 ALDI Finds — for your garden and cookouts
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, where I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Welcome to your mid-May ALDI Finds for 2020! This week’s ad is pretty much garden, patio, and cookout focused, so let’s see what else you might spot if you’re out buying groceries this week.
- Are you back to shopping in store, or still using a service like Instacart?
- ALDI’s April 2020 safety updates
- Temporary ALDI return policy update
I was so excited to pick up a few plants for my garden without having to make a separate trip to another store ($3.29 each in my area, and a good size).
Bell peppers, banana peppers, basil, and San Marzano tomatoes jumped into my cart. My store also had parsley and a couple other varieties of tomatoes, so see what herbs and veggies you spot at yours.
ALDI Finds for unusual times
Again: Sales aren’t quite the same, product availability will vary, and we’re all focusing on essentials right now.
- Check out the “ALDI Finds” and current weekly ad tabs (or mobile menu choices) on the ALDI site to window shop from home.
- If you’re planning an in-store shopping trip, use their online ad to help determine what you’ll grab and purchase if you do see it in the store.
That all being said, here are a few more of the sales & Finds I’d hope to see in store out of this week’s ad. As always, prices may vary by store and region.
ALDI food Finds this week
These six packs of Parkview cheddar brats are actually listed in next week’s Finds (for your Memorial Day BBQ), but were already out at my store. $2.49 for 14 oz, also available in a chili cheese smoked sausage variety.
Why most ALDI stores don’t carry salsa verde as a regular buy is really beyond me. So, I was pleased to spot Specially Selected roasted verde salsa in the Aisle of Shame at $1.95 a jar. Stock up while you can! Then, make some salsa verde pulled pork…
I also spotted Clancy’s cinnamon churros right by the entrance of my store, and grabbed a bag for the kids. Missing Taco Bell? Try these ALDI churros, at just $.99 a bag.
A few other food Finds of note in this week’s ad:
- 32 oz Cattlemen’s Ranch prime rib or pub style seasoned burgers, $6.99
- Season’s Choice whole onion rings, $2.19
- Sundae Shoppe sherbet quart, $1.99
- My/Mo cookies & cream or orange vanilla mochi, $4.88
- Clancy’s roasted sweet corn popcorn, $1.99
- L’Oven Fresh pretzel buns, $1.99
- Burman’s assorted specialty deli mustards, $1.19
- 44 oz Southern Grove sweet & salty trail mix, $6.89
- Specially Selected sesame seed brioche buns, $2.49
And price drops for your BBQ include:
- Baker’s Corner 10 oz marshmallows, $.69
- Parkview uncured beef franks, $1.99
- Earth Grown black bean chipotle or veggie burger, $2.69
- Burman’s 38 oz ketchup, $1.29
- Sundae Shoppe junior pops, $1.99
- Sundae Shoppe high protein ice cream pints, $2.49
- Belmont ice cream, $2.29
We’ll see even more Memorial Day BBQ food Finds next week, I’m sure. Oh, and on the produce front: Pineapple, tomatoes on the vine, mangoes, mushrooms, and multi-colored bell peppers may be on sale in many ads.
ALDI non-food Finds this week
I was inordinately excited by this week’s Crofton guacamole keeper, which I’ll review here for you once I have a chance to make and store a batch of guacamole to test it out. This, though, is probably because I’m inordinately excited by guacamole… I generally try not to load up my kitchen with two many single-use gadgets, especially one little container for $6.99, but I guess we do lack for excitement around here lately.
Other kitchen-related Finds this week include a Crofton silicone ice cube assortment, $2.49 each. You can use their huge cubes tray to freeze homemade or leftover broth! Also: 20 piece International flatware set, $16.99, kitchen gadgets like can openers, $3.99, and silicone lids and more, $5.99 each. Crofton powder-coated Moscow Mule mugs will run you $3.99 apiece.
Look for colorful Gardenline tomato cages to go with your new plants — $3.99 each. My own ALDI tomato cages are three? years old and starting to show their age, but will see us through another season. Basic tomato cages are also available, at $1.49 apiece.
Other gardening and yard Finds of note:
- Gardenline 1 cu foot garden soil, $2.99
- Spectracide weed & grass killer or bug stop, $4.99
- Gardenline 2 pack gardening gloves, $2.99
- Gardenline four pack stepping stones, $4.99
- Gardenline 20″ planter, $14.99.
- Gardenline 3-tier urn planter, $19.99
- Spring perennials, see price in store
- Gardenline solar rock spotlight, $11.99
- Gardenline sling folding chair, $14.99
- Gardenline solar hanging bugs, $3.99
- Royal Class men’s footbed sandals, $9.99
You’ll also see patio and BBQ items this week. 20 lb Range Master charcoal briquets are just $6.99, grille covers are $9.99, and lighter fluid is $2.79. Huntington Home indoor/outdoor tablecloths are $7.99, an Easy Home 4′ folding table is $29.99, Gardeline beverage stakes, $2.99, and Crofton carry-all containers, $4.99.
For your BBQs, also look for Boulder 8 roll multisize paper towels, $6.49, and Boulder 300 ct uncoated paper plates, $5.99.
What Finds have you Found?
Have you found anything to brighten your day at ALDI while you’re out restocking on necessities? Comment here and let us know what you spotted! And, we can still continue to enjoy online window shopping, as well as reminiscing about our Finds from ads gone by.
What’s up with ALDI Finds?
ALDI Finds are limited time special buy items that are available in stores only while supplies last. So if you spot something you like, be sure to pick it up while you can! What caught your eye among this week’s ALDI Finds?
- How to tell if something is a limited time special buy ALDI Find (from their in-store signage).
- See also: What is the ALDI Aisle of Shame?
Products mentioned in this post were either spotted in store or from the ad starting 5/13/20 in Wednesday ad markets; 5/10/20 in Sunday ad markets.