Look at these strawberries! And more ALDI Finds this week
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, where I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our fridge was starting to look pretty bare after over two weeks without grocery shopping, so I went over to ALDI today — and picked up these amazingly large strawberries. (They’re on sale for $1.49 in Chicago-area ads; see what they’re running by you this week!) Produce sales and prices vary by region, but you might also see price drops on mushrooms, red grapes, blueberries, and zucchini this week.
I of course zipped through the store without taking any in-store photos today, so you’ll get treated to more limited photos of stuff I bought today. Since I was last at my ALDI a couple of weeks ago, they’ve installed plastic shields and six foot distance markers at the registers — and some of the aisles are now one way, although people weren’t being super careful about following that. See more on ALDI’s April 2020 safety updates here.
ALDI Finds for another odd week
Again, it’s another odd ALDI Finds week. Sales aren’t quite the same, product availability will vary, and we’re all focusing on essentials right now.
- Check out the “ALDI Finds” and current weekly ad tabs (or mobile menu choices) on the ALDI site, to window shop from home.
- If you’re planning an in-store shopping trip because you need to stock back up on food, use that online ad to help determine what you’ll grab and purchase if you do see it in the store.
That all being said, here are a few more of the sales Finds I’d hope to see out of this week’s ad. As always, prices may vary by store and region.
ALDI Food Finds
These Teasdale Simple Especial plant protein beans (as opposed to non-plant-protein beans? lol) are actually from last week’s ad. Intrigued, I bought a can of the chile verde ones at $1.29 — I didn’t stop to read the ingredients in store (again, not the time…), but got home and found that they have added pea protein isolate. Navy beans naturally contain about 7.5g fiber per 1/2 cup serving, meaning that the pea protein adds only another 2.5g. I’m not sure that’s a huge selling point in and of itself, but we’ll see how they taste, I guess!
On the meatier side of things: In addition to the aforementioned produce sales, you can look for St. Louis spare ribs and split chicken breast to be on sale in many locations. (My store was well-stocked on chicken today, but wiped out of ground beef and most pork products; it seems kind of hit or miss.)
As we approach Cinco de Mayo, look for big 32 oz bags of Happy Farms shredded Mexican cheese. (At $5.82, these were cheaper per oz at my store than the 12 oz bags of shredded cheese at $2.89 — good for stocking up on, if you’re shopping less frequently now.) Also:
- Park Street Deli taco, black bean, or chipotle hummus 8 oz, $2.29
- V&V Supremo queso chihuahua cheese, $5.49 for 16 oz
- Pueblo Lindo taquera, green chile, or verde salsa, $2.49
- El Monterey XXL beef & bean burrito, $.99
- Casa Mamita Organic Mexican-style street corn big dipper corn chips, $2.29
- Casa Mamita Mexican style seasoning packets, $.59
- Stonemill taco cart or street corn 4-in-1 seasoning, $3.99
- Barissimo cafe de Olla or dulce de leche ground coffee 12 oz, $3.79
- Mariquitas original or lime plantain chips, $1.79
- Coke de Mexico 355 ml, $1.24
- Casa Mamita mini empanadas, $4.49
- Casa Mamita frozen churros, $3.29
- Fremont Fish Market or Casa Mamita street taco meal kit, $9.99
See more throughout the store!
ALDI non-Food Finds
More lawn, patio, and garden Finds this week. I grabbed a container of this Pennington sun & shade grass seed/mulch/fertilizer combo for $9.99 — I’m pretty sure my lawn still won’t resemble the after photo in two weeks, but will try anything, lol. What else have we got?
- Range Master 3 burner gas grill, $94.99
- Ferrex cordless blower or trimmer/edger, $39.99 each
- Suncast border stone edging, $11.99
- Gardenline soaker or sprinkler hose, $7.49
- Gardenline clematis, $4.99
- Gardenline flowering shrub, $8.99
… and more, so take a look as you’re out restocking essentials. (Oh, and speaking of essentials: My store was fully stocked on TP & paper towels today.)
Non-garden-variety Finds this week include fitness and home items. For instance, volley or soccer balls are $7.99 each. Crane adult size memory foam athletic shoes will run you $14.99 a pair, while Crane women’s running tights are $9.99, active tops, $6.99.
For your home: Crofton 30 piece food storage, $4.99, easy home drawer organizers at $3.99, and Easy Home 10-tier shoe towers ($16.99) stand out. Also, a Crofton guacamole keeper for $6.99 — I’m intrigued, but my store didn’t have these out yet. Anyone tried one?
Oh and by the way, Mother’s Day is May 10. (Since days have no meaning right now for many of us, that’s 19 days from the date of this post…) So, ALDI has new scents of $3.99 Huntington Home 3 wick candles for Mother’s Day, as well as these Pembrook Mother’s Day pop-up cards for $1.99.
What Finds have you Found?
Have you found anything to brighten your day at ALDI while you’re out restocking on necessities? Comment here and let us know what you spotted! And, we can still continue to enjoy online window shopping, as well as reminiscing about our Finds from ads gone by. 🙂
Products mentioned in this post were either spotted in store or from the ad starting 4/22/20 in Wednesday ad markets; 4/19/20 in Sunday ad markets.