Everything Bagel Whole Chicken
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, where I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Everything Bagel Whole Chicken is low carb, keto friendly, gluten free, and alllll garlicky good!
Quick! What recipe uses just three ingredients, yet wallops you with infinite flavor? If you said: Everything Bagel Whole Chicken, well… OK, you probably could have inferred that from context, but it really does bear repeating.
And how pretty is the finished chicken, right? Pair this easy everything bagel chicken recipe with a salad or green veggie, and you have yourself a simple & complete comfort food meal.
If you’ve been happy that ALDI now carries its own brand of Who Needs the Bagel? seasoning (so that you don’t have to make a special trip to Trader Joe’s for Everything but the Bagel seasoning), why not celebrate your new find with this everything bagel chicken recipe?
I mean. It’s hard to go wrong with everything bagel anything… and roasted chicken is always one of my favorite comfort foods when the weather starts to cool. Well, why not combine two of my favorite things into one super easy recipe?
As always, it does takes some time to roast a whole chicken in the oven. This Everything Bagel chicken recipe is a good one to cook up on a Sunday afternoon, or on any day when you’re going to be around the house and can let it roast undisturbed to its juicy browned perfection.
And by the way: You know another one of my favorite things? Oh yes… it has to be these red clearance stickers at ALDI. Whole chickens are pretty affordable there to begin with, but I’ll never say no to saving another $2.00. Always take a look for these stickers as you’re walking through the store — I tend to have the best luck either first thing in the morning or shortly before they close, but it really varies depending on what short-dated meats they have left on the shelf.
If you can’t cook up your clearance meat right away, you can just throw it in the freezer to use on a later date. Stock up when you can in order to save later, because… Saving at ALDI: Good. Saving more at ALDI? Priceless. 😉
Everything Bagel Whole Chicken
- 5-6 lb whole chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Stonemill Who Needs the Bagel? Seasoning (or, use Everything But the Bagel or your own favorite equivalent)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove giblets from chicken, if present, then rinse chicken with cold water and pat it dry.
- Place chicken in a Dutch oven with a lid (or covered casserole dish), breast side up.
- Combine the olive oil and Who Needs the Bagel? seasoning in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken.
- Roast chicken covered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove the lid, baste, and continue to roast for another 45 minutes or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, basting occasionally.
- Let the chicken sit for 10 minutes before carving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Everything Bagel Chicken is so juicy garlicky good
That’s it! Just three ingredients, a few simple steps, and a little time, and you’ll have yourself a whole juicy garlicky good chicken. This Everything Bagel Chicken recipe is also naturally low carb, gluten free, and keto friendly.
In a world where we’re all about time saving, instant gratification, and convenience, sometimes it behooves us to slow down and… smell the chicken, if you’ll pardon the expression. This recipe is mostly hands-off, though; it just requires you to commit some time to letting it cook up in the oven.
More everything bagel recipes?
If you’re looking for more ways to use your Who Needs the Bagel? seasoning beyond sprinkling it on your basic avocado toast and eggs, here are a couple more recipe ideas for you:
- Everything Crescent Shapes — a two ingredient, all-ALDI recipe
- Everything but the Bagel Matzo Crackers (no, you can’t get matzos at ALDI, but if you’re buying it for Passover anyway…!)
Who Needs the Bagel? seasoning has finally made it into a weekly ad at ALDI this week, so take a look again if you haven’t yet spotted it in your store. If you use a lot of this type of seasoning, though, you can generally get it cheaper per ounce if you pick up a bigger jar at Costco or on Amazon.
More ALDI Recipes?
And of course, you can always find free weekly ALDI meal plans using these recipes here.