Edamame, Sesame Oil, and more ALDI Finds on a good shopping week
ALDI has money trees in this week’s ad for just $7.99! Aren’t they pretty? The ones at my store looked to be in great health, and Google just told me that these plants are non-toxic to cats. (Maybe I should go back, because who couldn’t use a little help along the “increase wealth & prosperity” line right now…) I’ve had pretty good luck with ALDI plants, too — if by luck, you mean it takes me a little longer to kill them than usual.
Here are a few more of my favorite ALDI Finds and sale items from the new week’s ad, starting either 1/12/20 or 1/15/20. (Note: Even in Sunday markets, many of the new non-food Finds don’t release until Wednesday.) These are filled out with a few new non-advertised Finds that I’ve spotted at my own store recently.
ALDI food Finds this week
It’s Asian Week at ALDI this week, so we have so many fun Finds. And, ooh! Journey To… India Tandoori Barbecue flavored potato chips are back on the shelf this week, at $1.79 a bag. I reviewed their tandoori potato chips here last year, and they’re sorely tempting me again now.
16.9 oz bottles of Carlini toasted sesame oil are back, too. These run $5.99 each; look for them in the Aisle of Shame this week, and definitely pick one up if you don’t have sesame oil in your pantry. Just a little touch of sesame oil goes such a long way, in recipes ranging from vegetarian fried rice to egg roll in a noodle bowl.
More “Asian flavors, ALDI savings” Finds this week include:
- Fusia frozen sushi, $5.79
- Fusia crab rangoon, $2.49
- Fusia Kung Pao chicken or veggie mini egg rolls, $1.99
- Fusia crispy tempura & sweet & sour chicken, $5.49
- Fusia pork or chicken pot stickers, $2.99
- Fusia 32 oz Asian broth (tom yum, pho, ramen), $1.79
- Fusia Asian Inspirations noodles or rice mix, $.89
- Fusia Asian sauces, $1.99
- Fusia wonton soup, $2.19
- Fusia Asian Inspirations Szechuan or sweet & sour stir fry, $2.99
- Fusia Asian Inspirations crunchy rice rolls, $1.29
- Journey To… curry rice noodle soup bowls, $1.99
- Specially Selected curry sauce & spices, $2.49
- Park Street Deli crab rangoon dip, $3.49
- Annie Chun’s noodle bowls, $2.45
- Nissin chow mein noodles, $.74
To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of their frozen sushi (it’s not much cheaper than regular grocery store sushi by me, and tastes about the same, yet frozen). I’m curious about the crab rangoon dip, though — anyone tried it yet? Oh, and more dips this week: Park Street Deli cauliflower dips in buffalo or chile pepper jack are $3.49, and Park Street Deli party size spinach dip, $4.99.
While walking through the refrigerated section, let’s not forget a little random selection of special buy spicy cheddar, either: 7 oz Emporium selection in dragon’s breath, red Thai curry, or Sriracha: $3.49 apiece. Further down the cheese aisle, also look for a price drop on 9 oz Happy Farms cheese snack sticks to $2.49.
Other price drops in this week’s ad:
- Never Any! 7 oz lunch meat, down to $2.79
- SimplyNature organic extra virgin olive oil, now $4.49
- L’Oven Fresh spinach or tomato wraps, down to $1.99
- SimplyNature organic white cheddar puffs, on sale for $1.99
- SimplyNature organic beef jerky, now $3.99
- SimplyNature organic whole milk plain or vanilla yogurt, dropped to $2.49
- Elevation by Millville high protein bars, now $4.99
- Elevation by Millville breaktime bars, now $3.99
On the meat & produce front this ad cycle, look for whole boneless pork butt to be on sale. (It’s $1.79/lb in my area this go-round, though, and does often drop lower than that.) When it comes to frozen meats, a big 5 lb bag of Kirkwood chicken breast tenderloins can be found in the current ad for $12.49. Organic grass fed ground beef is $4.99/lb, while many areas will also see sales on blueberries, mangoes, lemons, green peppers, and Gala apples.
ALDI non-food Finds this week
Need something in which to cook up your new Finds? Crofton woks are in the special buys aisle for just $12.99! You’ll also find:
- Ambiano six cup rice cooker & steamer, $12.99
- Crofton two piece bamboo cutting boards, $7.99
- Crofton 5 piece bamboo utensil set, $4.99
- Crofton teppanyaki grill plate or reversible griddle-grill for $13.99
- Crofton manual knife sharpener, $7.99
- Crofton spider strainer or Asian knife, $5.99
Other kitchen Finds this week tend towards organization.
For starters, you can look for a Crofton fridge tray assortment at $4.99 each. (Yours will probably lack my creepy ghost reflection from the above photo, though!) I have a couple of these from previous year’s sales, and they’ve been holding up quite well. (Don’t tell anyone, but I’m currently using one of their fridge containers… in my pantry. Shh.)
Other kitchen organization items this week include Easy Home 4-tier chrome shelving for $39.99, an Easy Home dual compartment separator bin for $79.99, Crofton 16 piece food storage sets or Easy Home mesh kitchen drawer or cabinet organizers (including a pot & lid organizer!) at $5.99 each, and an Easy Home bag saver or wrap organizer for $6.99.
Check out some baby items this week as well, such as these 216 ct Little Journey H two O baby wipes for $4.29. Little Journey potty chairs, seats, or double step stools run $6.99, and a Little Journey retractable gate is $29.99.
And now for our last thematic non-food Finds section this ad: Bathroom and personal grooming products. A Visage 3-in-1 trimmer is just $7.99, while a Dentiguard rechargeable sonic toothbrush with four brush heads will run you $19.99, and a 20 pack of Dentiguard ultra whitening strips, $12.99.
Get well organized as well as well groomed, with an Easy Home 3-tier bathroom shelf at $14.99, an Easy Home large shower caddy for $9.99, or an Easy Home mirrored vanity tray or decorative toilet tissue holder/dispenser for $7.99. A Huntington Home signature memory foam bathroom mat is $11.99, and an Easy Home pebble bath mat, $3.49, while Huntington Home signature bath towels or hand towel/wash cloth sets are $4.99 each. Lastly, pick up 200 ct Boulder 3 oz bathroom cups for $2.99.
What’s up with ALDI Finds?
ALDI Finds are limited time special buy items that are available in stores only while supplies last. So if you spot something you like, be sure to pick it up while you can! What caught your eye among this week’s ALDI Finds?
- How to tell if something is a limited time special buy ALDI Find (from their in-store signage).
- See also: What is the ALDI Aisle of Shame?
You can view all of these picks plus additional weekly Finds and specials using the ALDI Finds tabs across the top of their weekly ads page, but note that pricing and availability may vary by region. These sale prices are from the ad starting Sunday 1/12/20 or Thursday 1/15/20.