Do you tofu? Plus garden mums, street tacos, and more ALDI Finds
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, where I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Street tacos, anyone? These adorable tiny tortillas will run you $1.49 a pack this week, while Casa Mamita street taco seasoning packets (Baja fish, carne asada, pork carnitas, or Southwest ranch chicken) are $.69 each. Here are a few more of my favorite ALDI Finds this week.
- Check out the “ALDI Finds” and current weekly ad tabs (or mobile menu choices) on the ALDI site to window shop from home.
- If you’re planning an in-store shopping trip, use their online ad to help determine what you’ll grab and purchase if you do see it in the store.
As always, prices may vary by store and by region.
ALDI Food Finds this week
Tofu is back this week! While ALDI stores in a few areas of the country carry tofu as a regular buy, most stores only stock it occasionally. Pick up 14 oz Earth Grown firm or extra firm organic tofu at $1.75, then cook up a couple favorite vegetarian meals:
What do you like to make with yours? You can also purchase pre-seasoned Earth Grown tofu cubes this week, 8 oz of BBQ or sesame ginger for $3.19.
Other Finds in the cooler section this week include Park Street Deli bread & butter or sweet horseradish pickles, at $3.79 for 32 oz. Park Street Deli continues its run with 16 oz party size chunky guacamole, $4.49 — and, you can also look for a Kirkwood sundried tomato premium turkey breast portion for $5.99.
Moving on to pantry Finds, I’m not sure what to make of pulled pork flavored potato chips. Pick up a bag of Clancy’s krinkle cut for $1.89 — anyone tried these yet?
More chips and chip-like snacks this week include:
- Clancy’s big dippers or chili cheese corn chips, $1.49
- Clancy’s party size wavy potato chips, $1.99
- Good Natured Selects veg-ables, $2.79
- Snyder’s hot buffalo wings or honey mustard & onion pretzel pieces, $1.79
But snack week isn’t over yet…
While we’re walking through new pantry items, let’s also snack on a bag of cheddar flavor Simply Nature cauliflower star crackers (which are gluten free, vegan, and $4.99).
In the pantry aisle you can also look for $3.99 tubs of Clancy’s butter twists pretzels. These are always a favorite of Middle School Guy when they roll back around, but I passed because I’m (ack) moving in a couple of days! Maybe I’ll treat him to a tub if they’re still there next week. 🙂
We’re really back-to-school snacking heavily in this week’s ad. College Guy already started, and Middle School Guy “goes back” (remotely) next week — what’s happening in your household? Whether you’re packing lunch or eating at home, next up we have a big variety pack of Simply Nature fruit squeezies, $4.89. Prefer Simply Nature PB&J bites? They’ll run you $4.49, while 10 ct Millville strawberry mini bites are $3.99 and 24 ct Goldfish cracker portion packs are $7.45.
On the sweeter side, a Baker’s Corner S’Mores jumbo cookie kit is $4.99 — and Lofthouse S’Mores frosted sugar cookies are $2.89, or a Bake Shop 8″ apple pie, $3.49.
A last few pantry highlights? OK:
- 80 ct Great Gherkins whole pickles, $2.79
- Specially Selected classic or strawberry balsamic glaze, $3.29
- Stonemill grill seasonings, $2.29
- Gallon Arizona iced tea, $2.78
- L’Oven Fresh pretzel buns, $1.99
(Hungry yet? I am, yeesh.)
Lets cool off in the freezer section now, with these Yummy meatless plant-based vegetable strips (or chicken & vegetable dinos, not meatless). $4.99 each, whichever you choose.
More veggie-heavy freezer Finds? Oh, sure. How about Season’s Choice 7 vegetable lasagna, $6.49. Enjoy dessert after: Belmont caramel sea salt or pineapple upside-down cakes, $3.49 for two little ones.
On a fruitier note Season’s Choice frozen fiesta blend or sliced strawberries aren’t a bad price, at $3.99 for 32 oz. Great for your morning smoothies! Also look for Season’s Choice country style fries, $1.99 for 24 oz, or Mama Cozzi’s buffalo style chicken or cheeseburger pizza, $3.99. Oh! And Season’s Choice steakhouse whole green beans or Kung Pao broccoli will run you $1.99 for $12 oz.
As far as meat & produce deals in many areas of the country — which, as always, may vary by region — look for possible sales on avocados, green grapes, mandarins, cantaloupe, and mini cucumbers. You might also find split chicken breast, pork spareribs, and organic grass fed ribeye steak as your meat specials of the week.
ALDI stores that sell alcohol may also be stocking SakeMoto Junmai Sake and Sapporo premium beer this week, as well as State of Brewing key lime sour beer. See price in store on these.
ALDI non-Food Finds this week
Garden mums, anyone? $3.29 this year — I’ve gotten these in previous years and they’ve held up beautifully, although I vaguely remember this sale being a little closer to fall?
This photo is from last year, but Huntington Home full/queen or king royal plush blankets are the same $14.99 price in this year’s ad — and look just as soft and cozy in gray, blue, or tan. Other bedroom Finds this week include:
- Bauhn radio alarm clock, $12.99
- Easy Home fabric power strips or extension cords, $9.99
- SOHL foldable storage ottoman, $49.99
- Huntington Home spring air luxury bed pillow, $7.99
- Huntington Home 300 thread ct sheet set, $24.99
- Huntington Home 7 piece bedding set, $39.99
Also look for new scents of the ever-popular Huntington Home 3-wick candle. $3.99 for any of the following: agave citrus, brisk summer nights, chocolate filled Belgium waffles, or lemongrass bamboo.
Moving on to bathroom & laundry needs, this Visage 20-piece number haircut kit is just $16.99! Save way more than that over the years by cutting hair at home; we did it with the boys when they were little, and it was so easy. Other options this week include:
- Easy Home cushion grip bath mat, $4.99
- Visage hair brush, $2.69
- Easy Home laundry detergent tin, $8.99
- Huntington Home 20″x39″ comfort laundry mat, $7.99
- Visage hair straightening brush, $16.99
- Huntington Home memory foam bath mat, $5.99
- Easy Home 3 shelf bathroom space saver, $14.99
- Easy Home shower caddy with pole, $14.99
- Dentiguard power toothbrush with extra head, $4.99
A few of these are repeats of last year, and I am noticing prices creeping up as they are everywhere — that hair cut kit, for example, was $14.99 last summer.
Our last few Finds highlights this week include a Crane stadium seat for $9.99, or an Adventuridge oversized mesh back camping chair for $16.99. Pick up a soft-sided Adventuridge shopping basket for $9.99 or Crane extra-large shopping bag for $4.99, while a Huntington Home vinyl tablecloth is $2.99. And Pembrook all-occasion cards are back at $.99 — these are really nice for the price, so stock up while they’re back in store.
Oh, and stock up on household products, too:
- 300 ct Boulder uncoated paper plates, $5.99
- Boulder 8 giant roll multi-size paper towels, $6.99
- 100 ct White Cloud 2 ply napkins, $1.59
- Source summer hand soap, $.99
- Daily Care 11.8 oz hand sanitizer, $3.49
- Willow 18 mega roll bath tissue, $13.99
My store has had hand sanitizer in stock off and on for a while now, if you’ve still been looking.
What’s up with ALDI Finds?
ALDI Finds are limited time special buy items that are available in stores only while supplies last. So if you spot something you like, be sure to pick it up while you can! What caught your eye among this week’s ALDI Finds?
- How to tell if something is a limited time special buy ALDI Find (from their in-store signage).
- See also: What is the ALDI Aisle of Shame?
Products mentioned in this post were either spotted in store or from the ad starting 8/19/20 in Wednesday ad markets; 8/16/20 in Sunday ad markets.