ALDI Finds — Italian week, keto ice cream, and cushy kitchen mats
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, where I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Keto and low carb folks, rejoice at all the Finds for you this week. For instance, these Sundae Shoppe Keto ice cream pints at ALDI come in three flavors and clock in at $3.99 and 5g net carbs each: Cookie dough, peanut butter fudge, and mint chocolate chip.
But what’s the opposite of keto ice cream, you might ask? I’m going to have to say… a big tub of Sundae Shoppe gelato. Also $3.99 as an ALDI Find this week, so: Something for everyone!
Here are a few more of my favorite ALDI Finds and sale items from the new week’s ad, starting either 2/16/20 or 2/19/20. (Note: Even in Sunday markets, many of the new non-food Finds don’t release until Wednesday.) These are filled out with a few new non-advertised Finds that I’ve spotted at my own store recently.
ALDI Food Finds this week
While ALDI had expensive refrigerated gnocchi in last week’s ad, this week’s ad features affordable shelf-stable 17.6 oz Priano gnocchi — at $1.79 a pack in potato, spinach, or whole wheat varieties. (And yes, I do have a new sheet pan gnocchi recipe for you to try out this week…)
Other Italian week Finds?
- Priano assorted 16 oz long bronze cut pasta, $1.19
- Specially Selected balsamic vinegar + rosemary or pancetta & Parmesan kettle chips, $1.89
- Priano shelf stable ravioli, $1.79
- Priano single serve frozen vegetable lasagna or eggplant Parmesan, $2.39
- Priano frozen chicken Parmesan or Italian sausage ravioli, $3.99
- Priano frozen manicotti or stuffed shells, $2.99
- Sartori 8 oz shredded Parmesan or asiago cheese, $3.99
- Specially Selected refrigerated pesto sauces, $2.89
- Appleton Farms diced prosciutto or pancetta 4 oz, $2.99
Check the shelves for more throughout the store.
Our other food Finds themes this week focus on “food trends,” some of which tend toward the low carb and/or high protein variety. For instance, check out different flavors of Parmesan cheese crisps, $2.89 a bag. (Now me, I do like making my own Parmesan snacky creations — figgy Parmesan crisps and heart shaped cheese crisps, for instance — but the bags are so darn tasty.)
Speaking of stuff you can make, FOLIOS cheese wraps are back in this week’s ad at $4.89 a pack. Last year someone in the ALDI group had shared a recipe to make your own, so of course I had to try it out — and here’s my report on that from last spring. 🙂
I’m not sure how they create a shelf-stable cauliflower rice, but 8.5 oz Earthly Grains cauliflower rice is $2.69 this week. If your store is experiencing a warehouse shortage on the frozen variety, this might be an alternative for you.
As we keep on trending on, grain free Specially Selected Paleo granola is $3.99 this week, in maple almond or mixed berry flavor. Other “food trends” Finds that look interesting:
- Simply Nature crunchy peanut butter with flaxseed & Chia, $2.49
- Southern Grove sea salt or BBQ dried chickpea snacks, $2.99
- Whole & Simple shrimp & grains single serve meals, $3.99
- Whole & Simple steak/cheddar or chicken cilantro lime burritos, $1.99
- Simply Nature 28 oz organic coconut oil, $7.99
- Simply Nature Protein meal kit, $3.99
- Six pack Pure Protein bars, $6.49
- Mac’s chicharrones, $1.75
Check the Aisle of Shame, the special buy freezer coffins, and up by the checkouts for more — it’s an interesting variety this week.
Lastly, on the meat & produce Finds front: Look for family packs of organic grass fed Simply Nature ground beef at $4.49/lb, and many stores have split chicken breast on sale ($.99/lb in my area). Some regions of the country will also see sales on blueberries, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, mandarins, and cantaloupe.
ALDI non-Food Finds this week
These advertised mats were actually out early in my store last week, but the “You Can’t Buy Happiness, But… You Can Buy Coffee and Donuts” mat ran me just $6.99! Several different designs on these comfort cushion kitchen mats, perfectly sized to fit in front of a stove.
Now we’re going to go photo free for a minute, because other than the mats, my store hadn’t gotten around to putting any of the non-food Finds out yet. (There also aren’t a whole lot of them this week.) So, from the ad, kitchen and organization items that look interesting to me:
- Crofton decorated glass baking dishes, $7.99 each
- Crockten 12″ stainless steel saute pan w/ lid, $24.99
- Huntington Home 4 tier stackable shoe rack or 3 tier stackable organizer, $19.99
- Easy Home over-the-door hooks, $6.99
- Huntington Home 3 wick candle, $3.99
- Hyacinth in glass vase, “see price in store”
- Pembrook cards, $.99 (these are always SO nice for the price, and since they’re advertised this week, maybe they’ll have some new designs out?)
You’ll also find some new pet stuff. Me, I’m looking at the Heart to Tail 15 lb pet foot container ($9.99) — I have one from a few years ago that just cracked at the bottom and needs replacing. They also have Huntington Home sofa covers ($19.99) or loveseat or armchair covers ($14.99), as well as Heart to Tail pet beds for $29.99. Heart to Tail litter mat/scoop sets are $3.99 — I do have the mat from a while back and it’s holding up nicely, but the scoop is on the cheap side. They’re advertising a cheap hooded cat litter pan at $9.99, but these have historically been small and super flimsy; I do not recommend.
What’s Up with ALDI Finds?
ALDI Finds are limited time special buy items that are available in stores only while supplies last. So if you spot something you like, be sure to pick it up while you can! What caught your eye among this week’s ALDI Finds?
- How to tell if something is a limited time special buy ALDI Find (from their in-store signage).
- See also: What is the ALDI Aisle of Shame?
You can view all of these picks plus additional weekly Finds and specials using the ALDI Finds tabs across the top of their weekly ads page, but note that pricing and availability may vary by region. These sale prices are from the ad starting Sunday 2/16/20 or Wednesday 2/19/20.