ALDI Finds — from dino nuggets to cat scratching houses
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, where I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Yes! Look for avocados to be on sale in many ALDI regions this week — they’re $.59 each in my Chicago-area ALDI ads.
- This might be a good time to revisit this summer’s post about 11 recipes for National Avocado Day, I think…
Here are a few more of my favorite ALDI Finds and sale items from the new week’s ad starting either 12/8/19 or 12/11/19. (Note: even in Sunday markets, many of the new non-food Finds don’t release until Wednesday). These are filled out with a few new non-advertised Finds that I’ve spotted at my own store recently.
ALDI Food Finds this week
We’re continuing with more holiday food Finds this chilly mid-December week, like, say, this Specially Selected premium shrimp ring for $8.99. More on the seafood front: Look also for 8 oz North Atlantic lobster tails for $12.99, as well as Specially Selected 6 oz crab cakes for $5.99 and a 9 oz Specially Selected cold smoked salmon trio for $11.99.
On the sweeter side: Christmas tree Brioche is back ($6.99), as well as everything from caramel Stroopwafels ($2.49) to mini cream puffs or eclairs ($4.89). I also spotted this Lofthouse Christmas sugar cookie platter for $5.99 (or get smaller packs of frosted cookies for $2.89) — either is an easy choice to bring to holiday gatherings. L’Oven Fresh gingerbread or cranberry orange breakfast bread will run you $6.99, and you can also check out Bake House Creations deep dish chocolate chip cookies for $3.89.
Cream cheese and butter are back on sale in this week’s ad! Pick up Countryside Creamery butter quarters for just $1.99, as well as Happy Farms cream cheese or neufchatel for $.99. Continue the dairy fun with Emporium Selection alcohol infused cheddars, 7 oz for $3.99.
On the more prosaic food front, whole grain dino nuggets are back — $4.29 at my store. Also look for Pilgrim’s Pride cook-in-a-bag whole chickens ($5.79), as well as Bremer turkey meatballs for $4.49 and Kirkwood spicy or ranch panko chicken patties for $4.99. Barissimo Donut Store or Breakfast Blend 12 oz ground coffee is $3.79 this week, and you can pick up steamable frozen Brussels sprouts at $1.09.
Lastly, on the fresh meat and produce front (aside from those avocados), look for zucchini, Brussels sprouts, and mandarins to be on sale in many areas of the country, as well as boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Oh! Appleton Farms spiral-sliced half ham is on sale in this week’s ad for just $.85/lb, and these are soooo good. I tend to make ham in the Crock-Pot to keep the oven free for sides, but you can’t go wrong either way.
ALDI non-Food Finds this week
Holiday cat scratching play houses are back this week at $7.99 each. (I’ve managed to pick a new one of these up on clearance for our three bad kitties each of the past two years, so we will see if that streak continues!) More for your pets:
- Heart to Tail holiday pet sweater, $4.99
- Heart to Tail 24 oz gingerbread dog biscuits, $2.99
- Heart to Tail cat beds, $9.99
- Heart to Tail pet throw, $9.99
- Heart to Tail catnip, $2.79
- Pure Being antler assortment, $7.99
- Heart to Tail rawhide stocking, $4.99
… and more! ALDI is the place to find gifts for your furbabies. 🙂
And for your less furry babies, ALDI has toys and books galore. Hinkler drawing and coding books are $6.99 each, but also look for:
- Cardinal giant tumbling tower, $29.99
- Crane tabletop games, $12.99
- Squeezamals, $4.99
- Bendon learn to count board books, $4.99
- National Geographic 50 mm telescope, $29.99
- Children’s character watches, $4.99
- Hasbro stocking stuffers, $3.99
- Spin Monster jam cars, $11.99
… and more!
Let’s dip briefly into more gift ideas this week, like a Huntington Home wax warmer set for $12.99. Other great gift highlights from this week’s Finds:
- Ambiano electric ceramic kettle, $24.99
- Ambiano sous vide, $49.99
- Huntington Home essential oil roll-ons, $12.99
- Crofton holiday coffee mugs or mini kitchen accessories, $2.99 each
- Quarter keepers, $.99
- Serra Ladies’ micro plush bathrobe, $12.99, or men’s Royal Class, $14.99
- Biddeford heated micro plush throw, $24.99
- Adult memory foam slippers, $6.99
- Children’s holiday PJs, $8.99
- Illumi-mates emoji lamp, $7.99
- Easy Home cordless cyclonic stick vacuum, $79.99
- Priano infused extra virgin olive oil gift set, $8.99
Check the ad and the Aisle of Shame for so much more than I have room to list here! Include a Pembrook handmade Christmas card with your gift, and look for three packs of Merry Moments premium reversible gift wrap ($5.99) or 5 pack premium gift bags ($3.99) to wrap everything up.
What’s up with ALDI Finds?
ALDI Finds are limited time special buy items that are available in stores only while supplies last. So if you spot something you like, be sure to pick it up while you can! What caught your eye among this week’s ALDI Finds?
- How to tell if something is a limited time special buy ALDI Find (from their in-store signage).
- See also: What is the ALDI Aisle of Shame?
You can view all of these picks plus additional weekly Finds and specials using the ALDI Finds tabs across the top of their weekly ads page, but note that pricing and availability may vary by region. These sale prices are from the ad starting Sunday 12/8/19 or Wednesday 12/11/19.