A good week for vegetarian & gluten free ALDI Finds — and more
We have some great vegetarian and gluten free ALDI Finds in this week’s ad! Let’s start with Earth Grown vegan plant based chickenless strips and beefless crumbles, at $3.49 per 10 oz bag. Look for these in the special buys freezer section, where you’ll also see:
- Earth Grown BBQ or buffalo chickenless patties for $3.49
- Earth Grown chickenless nuggets at $3.29
- Earth Grown meatless breakfast patties or links, $3.49
- Earth Grown mushroom risotto or lentil veggie burgers, $3.79
Also find a price drop on their regular buy Earth Grown veggie or black bean chipotle burgers, down to $2.49 this week.
Other plant-based Finds this week include Loma Linda plant based protein meals, $2.49, Milkadamia macadamia nut milk for $3.89, 12 oz meatless ground plant protein, $3.99, Chobani non-dairy vanilla yogurt, $1.69, and JUST Egg plant based egg substitute, $6.99.
Here are a few more of my favorite ALDI Finds and sale items from the new week’s ad, starting either 1/5/20 or 1/8/20. (Note: even in Sunday markets, many of the new non-food Finds don’t release until Wednesday). These are filled out with a few new non-advertised Finds that I’ve spotted at my own store recently.
ALDI Food Finds this week
In addition to this week’s vegetarian and vegan Finds, ALDI has released a couple of new gluten free products. Look for these liveGfree gluten free donuts in the freezer section (my store had both glazed and chocolate in stock), at $4.49 a box. They’re also advertising liveGfree cinnamon raisin or seeds & grains gluten free bread, at $3.99 a loaf.
ALDI’s SimplyNature brand is also having a moment this week. At $4.89 for 12 oz, for instance, this limited edition cashew butter is cheaper than Trader Joe’s — which ran $7.99 for 16 oz the last time I spotted it there. (That works out to $.41/oz at ALDI, compared to TJ’s $.50/oz.) If anyone tries this, let me know how it is, because I tried not to impulse buy anything today!
Let’s not stop there, though: SimplyNature avocado, coconut, or blend oil sprays are $2.99 in this week’s ALDI ad. Other SimplyNature specials:
- SimplyNature grain free cookie bites, $2.99
- SimplyNature sea salt or nacho cauliflower tortilla chips, $2.99
- SimplyNature organic coconut oil 14 oz is a regular buy, but on a price drop at $3.99 this week
- SimplyNature organic pasta sauce, price drop to $1.49
- SimplyNature organic bean pasta, price drop to $2.49
- SimplyNature organic salsa, price drop to $1.49
- SimplyNature black or white bean chips, price drop to $1.99
- SimplyNature organic quick cook 28 oz brown or white rice, $2.59
- SimplyNature organic frozen 10 oz butternut squash or sweet potatoes, $1.85
- SimplyNature 8 oz raw mixed nuts, price drop to $4.49
- SimplyNature organic 12 pack single serve lowfat chocolate milk, $9.99
- SimplyNature organic 16 oz red or green split lentils, $2.29
You’ll see price drops and new arrivals when it comes to other “better for you” products this week as well.
Assorted Stonemill salt free seasonings are on the shelf at $2.49, and you can choose from onion & herb, Southwest chipotle, or chicken grilling at this price.
Season’s Choice riced cauliflower is down to $1.69, and Park Street Deli hummus is down to $1.99. Silver Hills Bakery The Big 16 or Mack’s Flax bread shows up in this ad at $3.49, while Nature’s Nectar “not from concentrate” 52 oz grapefruit juice will run you $2.89, and Priano ancient grain pasta $2.49.
ALDI hasn’t forgotten the low carb contingent, either, running price drops on both Elevation Endulgent bars (now $2.99) and Elevation Advance bars ($3.99). These zero carb Crepini egg thins with cauliflower are a special buy in the refrigerated section, at $2.98.
Meat- and produce-wise: Cheap avocados reign supreme in many regions this week ($.49 each in Chicago area ads!). Bags of Season’s Choice 10 oz frozen avocados are also on sale this week at $2.99, but gosh: At $.49 an avocado, freeze ’em yourself, maybe? 😉 Look for price drops on organic chopped kale, red grapes, honeycrisp apples, cucumbers, and pineapple in a number of ads.
As far as meat goes, some areas will also see 3 lbs of 90/10 Jennie-O ground turkey on sale (at $6.49 in mine — which is great, given that their Kirkwood brand has again jumped in price). On a see food diet? Find 20.5 oz packs of frozen Fremont Fish Market wild salmon fillets for $6.99 apiece, too.
ALDI non-Food Finds this week
Last week’s non-food ALDI Finds focused on fitness; this week’s batch focuses on organization. Keep ticking off those New Year’s resolutions! An Easy Home 10 drawer rolling storage cart, for instance, will run you $24.99. (I’m kind of partial to this rainbow cart on Amazon for a few bucks more rather than ALDI’s pastel version, but that’s just me, lol.)
This Pembrook dry erase or calendar board is a good size for $3.99, so grab one if you’ve been in the market — deals on these anywhere will be few and far between until school supplies season rolls around. More organizational ALDI Finds this week:
- Easy Home 16 cubby organizer (for shoes, etc.), $19.99
- Easy Home 2 tier rolling garment rack, $12.99
- Easy Home large storage bin, $4.99
- SOHL rectangular storage ottoman, $19.99
- Easy Home 2 bushel tall laundry basket, $7.99
You’ll also see deals on various office supplies ranging from a Pembrook 4 piece scissors set ($3.99) to a Pembrook thermal laminator ($16.99) to various Bic writing utensils ($1.99 a pack). A Bauhn charge tower pro is $14.99, while a Bauhn visual charging station runs $19.99 — and pouches for that laminator, $4.99.
Lastly, look for a few health-related Finds this week. A Welby ear/forehead or non-contact thermometer, for instance, is advertised at $19.49, while a Welby TENS device is $29.99, and a Welby blood pressure monitor, $24.99.
What’s Up with ALDI Finds?
ALDI Finds are limited time special buy items that are available in stores only while supplies last. So if you spot something you like, be sure to pick it up while you can! What caught your eye among this week’s ALDI Finds?
- How to tell if something is a limited time special buy ALDI Find (from their in-store signage).
- See also: What is the ALDI Aisle of Shame?
You can view all of these picks plus additional weekly Finds and specials using the ALDI Finds tabs across the top of their weekly ads page, but note that pricing and availability may vary by region. These sale prices are from the ad starting Sunday 1/5/20 or Thursday 1/8/20.